Friday, February 17, 2012

Being Human

I went to criminal victim therapy today.  This was my 4th session.  I was starting to feel "what the fuck is the point?  I can't feel anything, nothing is going to change, most of my most important life choices were stolen from me, I'm oppressed in almost every way imaginable at this point."  One part you don't know is the man coerced me into giving up custody of my son while I was ill.  I know owe HIM $27,000.00 because I did not understand what I was signing...I thought it was just a temporary thing until I felt better.

"He stole my innocence, my right to choose what to do with my own body and my own life," I said.

Finally, something started moving inside of me.  I pointed to my head, I pointed to my heart...then I cried.  Something connected.  Some truth integrated inside of me.

My therapist cried.

"What do you think about this?"  he said.  I said, "I think...I have hope...that I'm human.  That you're human.  That we are human and there are others that are and not trying to hurt me or are greedy or cruel.  And we can have this emotional connection."

"And maybe I'm not alone anymore...because maybe I'm human."

Maybe because you're human, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment