Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finally Have the Courage After 30 Years

Almost 32 years ago I was sexually assaulted by a neighborhood guy.  I had just turned 13.  Noone believd me.  He came to my house a short time after...I thought he was going to apologize because he was being nice. He raped me again. 

It happened many more times and I'm only now beginning to understand how it all could have happened. 

Four years later he got me pregnant.  I had the child.  I survived 10 years of off and on sexual, emotional, mental and physical abuse...I was drugged more than once.


I'm going to tell the story here on this blog.  Also, the real-time story of my decision to report these crimes to the police and whatever comes of that.  I can do this now.  I'm strong enough.  I deserve justice.

Today I met with a sexual assault legal advocate.  The crimes took place in a another state where there are no statutes of limitations on reporting these crimes.  She told me to stick to events and especially if I can remember any dates.  She told me to be explicit in my descriptions of what occurred.

I emailed the Sgt. of the police department of that city.  He told me I could submit a statement here in my city at a local precinct but that he would like to have a detective to call me first.

Hopefully the detective will call me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment